Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
/in/kathyknorr and @tweetsbyknorr
As an avid social media advocate I add value to the design and implementation of strategic initiatives and gaining results. I have extensive experience sharing complex ideas and concepts across a variety of platforms and teams.
December 2011 – Current
Member of the Board
Santa Fe Botanical Garden
September 2011 – October 2011 – contract
Social Media Development/Implementation and training
Santa Fe, NM
New Mexico Small Business Development Center
Develop a social media strategy for a presence to increase awareness across vested partners.
November 2010 – June 2011
Social Marketing Educator/Program Manager
Partnership for Cures (www.4cures.org)
Responsible for rebranding of image via website, blog and online sites to increase awareness and Chief Science Officer reputation.
May 2010 – Successful Completion of six month program – November 2010
Social Media Specialist
The City of Chicago, World Business Chicago
Chicago Career Tech
In addition to strong technology knowledge I enhanced my skills with classes and work with host businesses and not for profit to create social media strategies.
September 2006 – October 2009
e-Learning, training video producer and technical trainer
National Council of State Boards of Nursing
Employee Recognition Award for Excellence as technical trainer utilizing blended learning to achieve customer satisfaction excellence
Coordinator of Volunteers – 4 month volunteer and contract position
Chicago Public Radio
• Manage and train volunteers for pledge drives and development events.
Personal Computer Trainer – Self-employed
• Teach computer skills to clients for business and personal benefit.
June 2001 – June-2005
New Trier High School
Technology Department Teacher Winnetka, IL
• Permanent Technology Teacher Substitute for computer skills, Web Design and Multimedia classes also with NT Extension develop and teach adult courses in Adobe photo editing software.
Systems Engineering San Francisco, CA and Chicago, IL
• Consistently met annual sales goals and grew skill in both San Francisco and Chicago.
CeMA Certification, September 2010 and a Certificate in Web 2.0 Technology, December 2009, Ed2Go.com
• Golden Gate University San Francisco, California MBA (December 2011)
• Arizona State University Tempe, Arizona BA Education
ASTD, Learning Guild and Social Media Club of Chicago
Current Volunteer Activity
• Santa Fe Botanical Gardens, Social Media
• Chicago Public Radio and Executive Committee member of Community Advisory Board
•Susan G. Komen training leader and walk participant in Denver, August, 2010, Phoenix, November 2010